Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Heading South


I am riding south out of Ohio in June and expect to be on the road for about two weeks. I'm anxious to leave (move out) Ohio and live perhaps in Eastern Kentucky or the northwestern area of N. Carolina. Of course I have to wait for retirement (4 years) before that can happen.

I'll be selling my home in Ohio then. It's a modest place sitting on a sparsely wooded acre of land. I love my home. When I'm not riding I'd rather be at home than any place. I never thought I'd ever be able to find a place or even afford a place I could call my own. I really never completely knew where I was headed. I never planned out my life. It was told it would turn out fine if I just went to work everyday and worked hard. So, that's what I did. All I have to do now is hang in there for 4 more years and hope the government doesn't screw it all up for me before I get there.

Seems as though I've always been heading south now that I think about it.

No comments: