Monday, June 09, 2008

Lots of Time

Well, it looks as though there's going to be a good deal of free time on my hands since I was forced into retirement (60 years old) in April. With 2 more years to go before I can get into social security I'm hoping to sustain my "non-working" status until then. I like NOT working ya know.

Our first distance ride of the year (last month) was to eastern Kentucky, W. Virginia, and southeastern Kentucky. Kentucky is such a beautiful place. The folks in W. Virginia need to take note since their state is just as filthy as it was 40 years ago. The mountains are beautiful but it certainly doesn't seem that the residence care too much about their home. There's trash and filth every where. I'm from Logan so I know what coal towns are like and what poverty is but poverty doesn't mean you have to live like a pig. Sorry folks, call 'em as I see 'em. If you're offended then clean up the place.

No comments: