Friday, August 22, 2008

Catching Up

It's been awhile since we posted last. Our trip to Maggie Valley was followed up by a week-end at the Paw Paw recreational area in Michigan, visiting members of the United States Patriots Motorcycle Club. As is pretty much normal when we ride, we failed to get out the camera and take pictures. And really, I don't know why that happens.

This past week was a special and personal one for me. After 40 years of never actually speaking with someone I served with in combat, one of my true Brothers came back into my life. What a wonderfully emotional experience it was to see my Brother, Buddy. We had 40 years to catchup on and the discoveries I made breathed new life into my soul.

This past week was partying and riding and introducing new friends to old friends.
From left to right: FTW, COOKER, BUDDY, and yours truly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome that you were able to connect with Buddy. I'm sure your soul is revitalized.

I think your blog spot is great...good pictures, good writing...I like to read about your travels.

I hear you have real nice relatives that live in the Columbus area.